I Skate Because…
I skate because it is my passion and love being out on the ice performing in front of a crowd. Then the friendships that I have made with my fellow skaters have been great over the last few years. —M.H.
It´s fun and I want to be in the nutcracker. —P.R.
Floral Bouquets will be available for purchase at all performances.
Proceeds benefit the Louisville Skating Academy,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
2016 Nutcracker on Ice
The Louisville Skating Academy presentation of the Nutcracker on Ice is a 90 minute abridged version of the classic ballet, highlighted by a vocal narration, high-flying stunts, dizzying pirouettes, brilliant costumes, and captivating choreography, all under the glow of the Holiday lights. Experience the wind chill of the blinding snowstorm of the Winter Wonderland! Feel the magic of the Enchanted Forest! Brave the battle of the fearsome Rat King! Savor the delectable delights of the Land of Sweets! Celebrate the season with cheerful festivities and journey with Clara through her dreamy adventure. Featuring a star studded cast of skaters of all ages!
All performances at Iceland Sports Complex, 1701 UPS Drive
Show Times & Tickets
|show times||purchase tickets|
Saturday, December 17, 1:30 PM
|Saturday, 1:30 PM Tickets*|
Saturday, December 17, 4:30 PM
|Saturday, 4:30 PM Tickets*|
Sunday, December 18, 1:30 PM
|Sunday, 1:30 PM Tickets*|
Sunday, December 18, 4:30 PM
|Sunday, 4:30 PM Tickets*|
VIP Seating COMING SOON…
Group Ticket Sales
|Group Ticket Sales*|
*All Nutcracker tickets are non-refundable. Online credit card purchases will allow the printing of tickets which will be scanned at the door prior to show time admission. On the day of the shows, online ticket sales will be terminated. However, General Admission tickets may be purchased at the door (CASH AND CREDIT CARDS ONLY) for $15 per person, if show is not sold out.
Production numbers by:
- Sectional and National medalists in ice dancing
- Louisville's most dedicated competitive and recreational skaters
- LSA's medal winning synchronized skating team
With performances by:
- 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Novice Dance Bronze Medalists
- Midwestern Sectional Juvenile, Intermediate and Novice Dance Champions
- Midwestern Sectional competitors in Juvenile Boys and Intermediate Men
- Regional champion and Midwestern Sectional competitor in Juvenile Girls
- U.S. Figure Skating national competitor in Juvenile Pairs
- U.S. Figure Skating national competitors in Novice Dance
- U.S. Junior Championships competitors in Juvenile Boys and Juvenile Dance
- 2011 National Teen Extemporaneous Improvisation Champion
- U.S. Figure Skating National Showcase competitors
- numerous Eastern Great Lakes Regional Championships competitors
- National Solo Dance Competitors
- 1989 Junior World Figure Skating Champion
- and numerous U.S. Figure Skating Gold Medalists